Saturday 11 March 2006

Homecoming King: May the Best Woman Win

Jennifer Jones, a lesbian 21-year-old senior, was named Homecoming King at Hood College in Frederick, MD.



"It is cool that Hood allows people to be themselves," [Jennifer] Jones told The Frederick News-Post. "If people didn't want me to be king, they wouldn't have nominated me and voted for me."
Click here for the whole story.

What astounds me up is the uproar it has caused. One female blogger called it "emasculating."  I'd link to her post, but "it's emasculating" is her blog post in its eloquent entirety.

Here are other blogger bits. Some guys really got their jocks in a wad over this one.

Flaming King, by Apathy Curve
The Homecoming King's Got a Vagina!, by TBogg
Inside Hood College's Hatefest, by Kabobfest

Ranting and raving on the AOL Message Boards
Lesbian Beats Three Guys for Homecoming King

 

No comments: