Tuesday 18 July 2006

Darren Hayes Is Truly, Madly, Deeply GAY




Savage Garden guy Darren Hayes came out on his Web site yesterday, a month after he and boyfriend Richard Cullen were married London.

Hard to believe it was eight years ago that 'Truly, Madly, Deeply' was at the top of the charts. Although Hayes doesn't seem to be as much in the spotlight since breaking off to pursue a solo career, it's great that he has taken the step to let the world know he's gay.
"As so many of you have given me your heart and soul over the past 10 years I thought it only fitting that I too return the respect and inform you of the most significant event in my life.

On June 19th 2006 I married my boyfriend of two years, Richard, in a Civil Partnership ceremony in London.

I can honestly say it was the happiest day of my life.

I feel lucky to live in an era where my relationship can be considered legally legitimate and I commend the UK Government for embracing this very basic Civil Liberty."


Congrats to the happy couple and the now openly gay Hayes.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIGHT ON...BROTHER!!!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Thanks UK for recognizing we have rights, too!

Anonymous said...

I respect your coming out a great deal but on the other hand must say that Richard's gain is our loss, you are too damn cute for words,lol. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

I am very happy to hear that.. Me being a gay teenager and a savage garden fan for many years.. Sang songs for choir auditons and such. LoL. Glad to see one of the people that I looked up to when I was younger, ended up having more in common with me than I thought.

Anonymous said...

I only vaguely remember Savage Garden, and never heard of the song noted. But congrats to him and his boyfriend.

Anonymous said...

To the person who didn't remember their songs...Truly Madly Deeply and I knew I Loved You Before I Met You, are still very popular. I hear them on the radio all the time.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Be happy.

Anonymous said...

I don't really know how these "people" can be so openly shameless about their
bizarre sexual conduct.  I don't care what their community say about their
"rights"; they at least, should be very discreet about what they do with their
sex life and not being proclaiming with fanfares that they are gay! like if it is
an honor or an act of heroism.