Friday 14 April 2006

'Two and One-Half Feet of Irresistible, Tubular, Sex'

The jury seems to be out on 'Kinky Boots,' a Brit-flick opening today in which a drag queen (Chiwetel Ejiofor) saves the day for a shoe factory heir (Joel Edgerton) whose business is on its last leg.



Cinematical says, "If you loved 'Calendar Girls' and 'The Full Monty,' you'll love 'Kinky Boots.' (Read full review.)

I have to admit to being an easy target for the occasional sappy feel-good movie. (Checking showtimes now.)

Whoa. Blogger Nathanial over at the Film Experience Blog feels rather strongly: "I was going to review 'Kinky Boots' ... but, honestly, you wouldn't want to read it. Woulda been too bitchy ... Do-gooder drag queens are boring (not to mention unrealistic -- ever met one?)" (See his drag-filled blog post.)

Perhaps the critics at Hollywood Bitchslap (love them) put it best: "I can't think of any reason for you to see it, but I can't think of any reason not to, either." (Read full review.)

I'm going.

If you saw it, let me know what you thought.

Worth Repeating: Home | AOL Gay & Lesbian

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was sweet. There are nice drag queens in the world. They do good things. I should know since my dad is one.

Anonymous said...

George Bush thinks Gays are really stupid!

Anonymous said...

I only bothered to import it via Amazon because Mr. Nick Frost had a prominent role.

Granted, it started off slow, as do all British films, but then it hit the ground running and didn't look back.  I'm glad I bought it off Amazon UK.