Thursday 8 February 2007

Behind the News: Gay Pundit Comes Out on Cosmetics



A dear friend who must remain nameless or he wouldn't let me share this recently appeared as a guest on both CNN's 'Anderson Cooper 360' and on MSNBC. He's a smart, well-spoken fella and news outlets know he's good for an insightful sound bite. Because he's a giver, he sends me post-appearance reports about what really matters:
"After a comparative 24-hour study, I can tell you conclusively that CNN gives better makeup and lighting than MSNBC.  Last night [after CNN], I felt that I had a healthy glow about me, and when I got home to wash my face (because who needs pancake makeup to clog their pores?), my skin seemed smooth but not overly done – with the exception of the zit on my lower lip, which they gave the Gabor-sister treatment to. 

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I can report that the lighting at MSNBC is much more severe, and that the makeup lady there shovels it on with wild abandon.  I got back to the office and looked in the mirror and felt like an escapee from a 'Six Feet Under' scene.  And, even after trying to rinse the makeup away and scrubbing my face with paper towels, there’s still residue coming off on my phone whenever I use it.  (I will say that the MSNBC lady was very understanding about my zit, and took good care of me on that front)."

I love gay men.


Tags: , , ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, come on. At least give us his initials.....

Anonymous said...

Ummm... Alan Chambers?

Anonymous said...

Atari: Thanks for the LOL comment! Haaaaa. But no. Not him.

Anonymous said...

Aw man... It would just have been so perfect.  Oh well. :)

Anonymous said...

I'll bet on the initials JS.

Anonymous said...

All your guesses as to the identity of the mystery gay are wrong so far. xoxo