Monday 11 December 2006

John Stamos Plays Gay on 'Wedding Wars'



This is your official TiVo alert for tonight's premiere of 'Wedding Wars.' 

I've read several reviews and they are mostly positive, including this one:

From Proceed at Your Own Risk:

"A&E's upcoming made-for-TV movie Wedding Wars is a silly, whitewashed, absurd fairy tale treatment of one of the most challenging and important issues of our day: same-sex marriage and equal rights for gay Americans.  I mostly watched it because of the two stars: Grey's Anatomy's Eric Dane who takes my breath away (oy, is he built) and John Stamos who I had to see play a gay man. At first I found it trivializing, somewhat insulting and demeaning. And then.

And then I fell in love with 'Wedding Wars.'" (Read the rest.)

Michael over at Best.Gay.Day.Ever. isn't quite as kind:
"I wish I could recommend Wedding Wars without reservation, and criticizing it feels a little bit like saying your best friend’s baby has a big nose, eyes that are too far apart, and is definitely not “Just the c-u-u-test itty bitty thing I have ever seen”.

But even he says he thinks everyone should watch it.

John Stamos -- kissing and dancing with another fella? Like I'm not going to be glued.

Wedding Wars, Monday, Dec 11, 9PM, A&E
See photos, video clips, cast bios and more.

 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the previews of "Wessing Wars," and they didn't interest me.  So I won't be watching it.

Anonymous said...



 We watched "Wedding Wars",   It was a typical sit-com type movie...enjoyable, but a little silly.

  However, I'm  happy to see TV's open to more and more gay subjects and gay TV sit coms like Will and Grace....what's replacing this great funny show.    Somebody in TV land is not seeing a great oppertunity for another winner.

bocaboyzz@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Absolutely a terrific movie..........Stamos and Dane.........superb acting!.............in my opinion, a most definite Academy Award!!...............

Perhaps Americans will wake up to the fact and realize equality for Americans.......and politicize!!!!!........Fight for what one believes in!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's harder for gays to play themselves, I wonder if John Stamos had problems?