Monday 30 October 2006

After 'Borat' Comes Bruno: The Gay Movie

Bruno, Borat's younger, prettier gay brother from Austria, is in the throes of inking a $45 million movie deal on the heels of the pre-release frenzy around the Borat movie.

As one of Sacha Baron Cohen's regular characters on 'Da Ali G Show,' Bruno delights in bringing out the homophobia in unsuspecting interview subjects, or, in the case of the second clip below, exposing fashionistas and gays for being ridiculous.

Just as Borat has offended Jews, Bruno's flaming queen persona is sure to offend a lot of gays -- the ones who take themselves so seriously that they don't know when satire is actually on their side.

 

Bruno Sits With a Man of God




Exposing Fashion's Shallowness

 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glitter and Be Gay -- Barbara Cook

Ah yes and Amen!!!

"...Bracelets...lavalieres
Can they dry my tears?
Can they blind my eyes to shame?
Can the brightest brooch
Shield me from reproach?
Can the purest diamond purify my name?

And yet of course these trinkets are endearing,
Ha ha!
I'm oh, so glad my sapphire is a star,
Ha ha!
I rather like a twenty-carat earring,
Ha ha!
If I'm not pure, at least my jewels are!"