Monday 9 October 2006

The Gay Guy From 'The Office' Talks



Our pals at AfterElton.com caught up with Oscar Nunez, who plays the now-out character accountant Oscar Martinez on NBC's 'The Office.'

Oscar was outed on 'The Gay Witch Hunt' episode (watch clip), a study on everything NOT to do when someone at work is gay.

I hope Nunez was in character when he gave a couple of these responses, though. Can you say awkward?

AfterElton.com: One of the burning questions that we must ask is whether your boyfriend will show up at the next office Christmas party, get drunk with you and Michael, and have a three-way.

Oscar Nunez:
You know what? I haven’t read the script, but I wouldn’t put it past Greg Daniels [executive producer of The Office]. Yeah, I can see that. We get drunk and have a three-way.


AE: What inspiration do you use to play Oscar on the show?

ON:
You know how I play it? I play it like I am at work, and I am an accountant, and I just want to do my job, and I really just don’t want to be bothered with this documentation that’s going on. It sounds easy, but the more we do it, the more difficult it gets. But that’s how I play it. It’s like, you know what — I am a pretty conservative gay guy, I’m an accountant and I want to be left alone.


AE: Is your character a gay Latino on The Office?

ON:
What is a gay Latino? I am Mexican American. I don’t have an accent, but I am still Mexican on the show. I am gay on the show, but I don’t play Oscar gay. I know many gay people. Some of them are straighter than me, and I’m straight. People are people.


OK, then. Click to read the entire interview.

 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't today TUESDAY AND I'M READING MONDAY'S POST?
For shame.