Friday 26 January 2007

Madonna: Fashion Memories and Concert Video



Guest Blog Post by Rebecca




Yep, it's final and scientifically proven: Madonna can do no wrong.  My favorite phase was 'Bedtimes Stories' because it spawned 'Secret' and its accompanying video.  Her cleavage, so artfully captured in black and white, gave my pre-pubescent 10-year-old body something to aspire to.  Our lovely editor Kenneth prefers the late-'80s, 'Like a Prayer'-era.  Scrolling through this gallery of her live fashions, however, presents me with quite the predicament: Would I prefer her with her belly exposed, her arms wielding a tambourine, or would I want her yoga-tightened tummy covered in a tight bodysuit?  I just can't choose; they're all so good.

As if seeing Madge's eye candy isn't enough, AOL Music has an exclusive 35 minutes of clips from her latest concert DVD, which will be released in the U.S. on January 30.  The 2006 'Confessions Tour' concert was filmed at London's esteemed Wembley Arena.  I love how Madge doesn't deny that she evolved - she unashamedly performed 'Like a Virgin' on this tour.

The only thing I fault Madonna for - EVER - is whatever she did with Vanilla Ice.  That's gross.  These controversial moments chronicle her dips into the could-be offensive (though we all know that her fearlessness is a triumph).  Oh, and how could someone so badass be married to a guy whose awesomeness almost equals hers?  Guy Ritchie, I couldn't pick a better match for you (and I forgive you for 'Swept Away').

What is your favorite Madonna era?

Click here to see Madonna fashion photos like these:



No comments: