Monday 8 January 2007

One 'L' of a Season Opener




Season four of 'The L Word' premiered last night on Showtime, which meant there was no way in hell I was going to phone any of my gal pals between 10:00 and 11:00PM.

I've not been a faithful follower of the show, but this season I commanded my TiVo to do a season pass on the biggest lesbian TV phenomenon ever (adoration of Barbara Stanwyck and Linda Evans on 'Big Valley' notwithstanding). 

I'm mainly tuning in because I feel so out of it at dinner parties where my husband and I are the only men at a table of eight women. That, and they say this season promises to be a goodie.

One editor (aka Scribe Grrrl) over at AfterEllen.com delivers biting smart-ass commentary in her
blow-by-blow recap of what happens in each episode. You can count on her to keep it real:
Jenny and Claude, clearly post-coital, are rummaging around in the fridge. Jenny says she only has "caviar and crème fraîche," but she's lying: There's a full bottle of Clamato and a giant jar of pickles!

'Nuff said.

You watching?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

". . . bottle of Clamato and a giant jar of pickles"  
That commentary is TOO hilarious.  It almost makes me wanna watch the show!