Wednesday 15 November 2006

Reactions: George Clooney as the Sexiest Man Alive




People magazine named George Clooney as 2006 Sexiest Man Alive.

Following are reactions from six friends, plus my mom, with whom I had IM exchanges this morning to discuss this important development.
35 year-old Gay Guy:
George Clooney last year -- no. Clooney this year -- yes. Looks better than he ever has. PEOPLE's list is pretty good though. I'm just glad they didn't have Joey Lawrence -- CREEPY. I like this one from their global list  International Males: JAMES MCAVOY.


24-year-old Straight Guy
Ew, he's old. kjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkkjk. I'm not sure im qualified to answer that question. If i was a gay man, which as of right now I'm not, I'd go with Jack from 'Lost' or Tim Gunn.


36-year-old Lesbian
Hellooooo I'm gay!


30-year-old Straight Guy
Considering he's the only man to actually achieve gay-dream status in my subconscious, I'll believe it.


27-year-old Gay Guy
WTF? That pic is horrible. His face is so fat.
Gayest Editor Ever: So there's no way you'd sleep with George Clooney?
27-year-old Gay Guy: Oh, hell no.


My Mom
He's up there, but I am going to have to say Mario [Lopez] has it all over him (and everybody else). He has charisma, a great body and THOSE DIMPLES. (Maybe that should be "charisma, A GREAT BODY AND THOSE DIMPLES!")

Number two would be Patrick Dempsey. Matthew McCona-babe is still up there. George is in the top 5 because he is so charming and smart. (Nothing like a smart man. How did you [gay] guys miss this one?)

Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise aren't even on the radar. (Dumping your wife puts you on that other list).


29-year-old Gay Guy
I don’t know for sure if George Clooney is the sexiest man alive, but I wouldbe willing to sample the goods in order to give you a more complete analysis.  Actually, to be completely sure, I think it might be best to have a side by side (as it were) comparison with Clooney and Hugh Jackman.  Again, I’m more than happy to field test the theory.  

I will also say that Clooney is one of my standard fall backs.  He’s a grown up, and I find that endlessly appealing.  He wears a tux as well as he wears a swimsuit, and he gets me all tingly when he talks about what it really means to be a liberal.


And you?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah....I'd sleep with him if it would bring about world peace.

Anonymous said...

I think George is up there.  That gray hair does numbers on me.  

BUT I'm shocked Patrick Dempsey didn't win b/c of his McDreamy status.  

I'd take George over most though.  

Jake Gyllenhaal would be my number one if I was doing the selections though.

Anonymous said...

I think George is probably a fine fellow but to look at him in a sexual way has never or ever entered my mind. I am sure this thread to him is not flattering, he is a straight male that loves the female anatomy as much as I do. Have you ever thought he don't say he's gay just to rub your asses raw with I wonder if he's gay? not me I believe he's private and loves the vibes of I wonder. Grapes!!!

Anonymous said...

I really dont think he's gay
I do think Mario [Lopez] is hott
and i think Orlando Bloom is hotter
but these are my opinions you dont have to listen

Anonymous said...

Not that I need the arbiters at People to validate my taste, but here goes.

Clooney has long been on my radar. Check out Soderbergh's Out of Sight. Long before he got out of prison as Danny Ocean, he was a grifter with J. Lo hot on his tail. There's real chemistry in this Elmore Leonard-adapted flick.

Best moment: Momentary truce as the two meet in a bar -- that city's equivalent to Windows of the World. Clooney's all cleaned up, in a tux. All La Lopez says, amid the strobbing skyline, is "You Wear That Suit." And he does.

Mario Lopez is a cutie. But a career highlight on Saved By The Bell? Clooney did his time on Facts of Life but emerged to make one helluva directorial debut in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, while showing some tasteful/tasty ass in an artfilm remake, Solaris.

He almost lost me with his publicist's obsession with GawkerStalker, but his politics aren't just for show.

The man is style & substance. Can't beat that with a stick.

-JW

Anonymous said...

note to grelef re: "Yeah....I'd sleep with him if it would bring about world peace."

Do you ever stop giving?

KH

Anonymous said...

To Kenneth:  "Mission work" is my middle name.

Anonymous said...

hi mr. clooney istill love you.what you are.                                                                                                 love you marcie

Anonymous said...

George Clooney- uh try No, He is not the sexiest man alive.
      People try again! The sexiest man alive is the ONE and ONLY
L.L. COOL J. lets not get that twisted.

Anonymous said...

I think he is gorgeous. Areal pretty man in my opinion. He could eat crackers in my bed anytime.

Anonymous said...

GOD-ALMIGHTY SAYS THAT MEN LAYING WITH MEN, AS WITH A WOMAN IS AN ABOMINATION, IN HIS HOLY WRITTEN WORD. SO, AS A STRAIGHT MAN, I'VE READ SEVERAL ARTICALES WHERE ' QUEERS ' SAY THAT THEY WIL START CALLING THEMSELVES ' QUEERS ' !! SO WHY GET UPSET OVER ME USING THAT APPROPRIATE WORD ?

Anonymous said...

To texicanpastor46:  Nonsense.  No one in the time of Moses or Christ ever used the word "abomination." It is a modern English word and English as we know it did not exist in Biblical times. "Abomination" is correct only in the Elizabethan sense of the word which is borrowed from Latin "abominatio." The root is "omin-" which means "omen."  The prefix "ab" means away.  Thus the word means to turn away from as ominous or portentous. It is a reference to ritual purity. Please go back to the original Hebrew text and do some research.  Here is a transliteration of it for you to consult: "v't-zkr l' tskb mskby 'sh tvjbh hv'."  Get back to it when you know how "tvjbh" is used in all of its various Old Testament contexts.  The rest of your post is an unfortunate combination of opacity and hate-speech.  

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm straight, but it doesn't matter what your orientation is: we ALL know Mario Lopez is a douche bag.  Long live Zack Morris!

~Chris, www.savedbytheblog.com

Anonymous said...

he is super yummy!

Anonymous said...

haha. fag.

Anonymous said...

Geroge you may think your are sexy...but there is someone out there ready to replace you.  Why try to look so sxy...just be sexy...do not take your fans for granted...guys really think of you as a movie mega hunk...they just want to get into your sexy brain...i bet you have flaws too.  Good luck...Georgie man!