Wednesday 29 November 2006

Showcase of Lesbian DJs

My gal-pal Bambi over at Curve magazine hooked me up with some photos from a women's dance event they hosted in the Bay area a few weeks ago. Talk about hottie-hot!

Super-DJs from around the country came in for it to spin tunes, including DJ Pat Pat, DJ Olga T, DJ Gray and DJ Saratonin -- all of whom have Web sites or MySpace pages worth perusing.

My women friends always tell me there aren't enough lesbian club events or places to go, which sucks. Perhaps this will inspire other events since these photos pretty much say "this was one L of dance party!"

Click to See Photo Gallery:




To my female readers -- what is the lesbian social scene like where you live? Leave a comment here.

Oh, and after you page through the photo gallery, check out CURVE's interview with Erin Cummings, who plays the sexy 'n sweet girl-next-door on 'Dante's Cove,' seen on the here! cable network. 

"I don’t have any sexual hang-ups if that makes sense. So, for me, like I said, I live with a gay couple, it doesn’t freak me out or bother me to see twomen together or two women together. So I don’t think that it really changed me in the fact that I was already really open ... In fact, I think it made me feel more at home, because I felt like when I was working on 'Dante’s Cove,' I was living in the world as it should be. I felt like I was at home, where women could be with women and men could be with men, and women could be with men and everyone could live together in harmony ..."

 


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The scene here (Columbus, Ohio) sucks. We have one pretty well known (at least in Columbus lol) club called Wallstreet. But the majority of the bars/clubs in the city are either geared toward the guys or they're mixed 50/50. I'd love to see an upswing in lesbian events in this area.

Anonymous said...

kinda fishy!

Anonymous said...

to muscicity re: "kinda fishy!"

muscicity -- I'm sure you have better things to do than to leave misogynistic comments about my women pals on my blog. You *do* have better things to do, don't you?


Anonymous said...

any hot chicks out there who wanna talk and i mean talk

Anonymous said...

Silver Spring, MD
GLBT Scene?  What GLBT scene?  THERE IS NONE IN THE BURBS!!!  You have to go into D.C.  to find a decent club for the Black GLBT crowds.  SUCKS!!

Anonymous said...

i have lived in aransas pass for 8 months and have yet to meet a true lesbian, help  dmurphfrog@aol.com

Anonymous said...

r u guys really lesbians

Anonymous said...

Cinti. sucks. One club.

Anonymous said...

THAT IS JUST 'WOW"
LOVE GABRIELLE MACAGNONE AGE 9

Anonymous said...

Wow thats what I'm talkin about!Nice, very nice. Lots of those here where I live although it's too bad there's not enough lesbians in the community and advertising. Gotta get the word out because people are so shy and reserved here. At least the gay men have their hangouts and some women dont mind patronizing those clubs. But for now newbies like myself just kinda exist if you can call it that. Thanks.