Thursday 22 June 2006

The Signs of Pride


Click to View Photos

I love Pride and protest signs. My esteemed colleagues here at AOL and I put together this gallery of the Signs of Pride. The photos are all from the DC Gay Pride parade, like this gallery from last week, but focus solely on all the cool signs people marched with.

Whether handmade, machine printed, or drawn on the sidewalk with chalk by a group of teenagers in Dupont Circle, they represent the courage of people's convictions.

My favorite protest sign moment ever? Activist-treasure Urvashi Vaid holding up a placard that read "Talk Is Cheap. AIDS Funding Is Not" at George H.W. Bush's first-ever policy speech on AIDS. Love her!

 

Comments | Worth Repeating: Home | Gay Galleries, Video, Pen Pals, More

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love  the  God Made  The  Rainbow!!!!    God  loves  everyone...AMEN?!!  (Makes  me  wanna  convert  to  Episcopalian!) :)
Have  a Great  Day!

Anonymous said...

MY DAUGHTER CAME OUT THE CLOSET THREE YEARS AGO, SHE HAS NOT CHANGE AT ALL, SHE IS STILL A BEAUTIFUL, SMART, HARD WORKING AND RESPONSIBLE PERSON I KNOW AND LOVE. AT FIRST IT WAS HARD TO ACCEPT, BUT THEN YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT, HER HAPPINESS, TO KNOW THAT SHE IS BEING TRUTHFULL ABOUT HERSELF AND KNOWS WHAT SHE WANTS IN LIFE, WHICH MOST PEOPLE DONT KNOW. I SUPPORT HER 100% OR MORE, WHY? BECAUSE THATS WHAT PARENTS DO WHEN THEY LOVE THEIR CHILDREN. GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY "GAY PRIDE" TO ALL!