Thursday 22 June 2006

When Jocks Are a Gay Guy's Best Friend

It's always awesome when straight guys call other straight guys on their homophobic jibber jabber. One of my favorite straight guy blogger (and you have to admit, adorable) colleagues did so yesterday on his sports blog.

Blog Boy Chris Mottram writes Saved by the Blog. ("They've done studies: 60% of the time, this blog is funny every time.")  He and his brother, super blogger Jamie Mottram (fraternal hottie Mr. Irrelevant), are two of the hosts of an ultra-popular podcast on AOL, Sports Bloggers Live. You should check it out if you like that sort of thing. Although I usually don't know what the hell they're talking about, I listen anyway because I like their jokes.

I know nothing about sports. On the day of the Super Bowl, I was flying home from a weekend in South Beach and every TV on JetBlue was set to the Superbowl ... except one. Guess who was watching men's figure skating?

Wait, that's technically a sport. Maybe I'm a jock and I don't even know it? But I digress ...

It seems some ballplayer -- Ozzie Guillen -- called some sportswriter -- Jay Mariotti --  something bad: "What a piece of s*** he is, f****** fag.''

While I have never heard of either of these dudes, I was still happy to see Chris send Guillen to the dugout for it. And he did so immediately -- way before ESPN.

So check out Chris' post, brilliantly illustrated with the Guillen photo below, and tell him you appreciate it, too.

 

Comments | Worth Repeating: Home | Gay Galleries, Video, Pen Pals, More

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the kind words and the linkage.  Two minor corrections: 1) Ozzie Guillen is actually the head coach of the White Sox, not a ballplayer, which actually makes this worse, 2) many of my friends would question you calling me a "straight guy."  After all, my favorite shows are "Project Runway" and "Blow Out."  Seriously.
~ Chris, www.savedbytheblog.com

Anonymous said...

WHAT MORE CAN BE SAID!  THE PIC SAYS IT ALL.  THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.  I LOVE IT.