Wednesday 30 August 2006

Judging the Judges of 'Project Runway'

With Bonus Video that Will Make You Pee Your Pants



Are the judges on 'Project Runway' doing a good job?

PopWatch blogmeister Michael Slezak is defending the 'Runway' judges today, sort of in response to the biting aspersions cast by Scott Tobias over the A.V. Club Blog.

I have to totally side with A.V. Club on this one. Whether the judges are really "on crack" as Tobias suggests, I don't know. All I know is Angela, Jeffrey and Vincent should have been aufd long ago.

What in God's name are these judges thinking? I do not get it. Why are they getting rid of good people (Malan, Allison) and keeping on talent light-weights?

PopWatch-daddy Slezak actually defends the merits of Miss Angela BubbleSkirt and Jeffrey Yo-Mama-a-Bitch. He stands by the wisdom of the judges, though does at least concede that Vincent should be long gone.

Some of my readers have written in to say that the producers pull all the strings, and the judges are mere well-dressed fashion marionettes who really don't have the final say at all.

I can't see it. I don't think anyone tells Nina Garcia what to do. Ever.

What's your theory?




Perhaps the answers to the wisdom and power of the judges lie in this 'Project Runway' spoof. If you're depressed, listless or feeling down, watch this every morning for five days. You'll feel better, I swear it. Just click the PLAY icon below. 

 

 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you pause your DVR, or TiVo as the case may be, at the very end of each show, there is a disclaimer about what goes into the judges decision making.  The producers totally have a say.  They keep those who have the more outrageous personalities, even if their designs aren't up to par.
~ Chris, www.savedbytheblog.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that is exactly what I remeber from last season.  i don't remember i turned my cable off.  I dont think you need to pause to see what it says BOLD as brass right on the screen.

Anonymous said...

Who knows how "produced" it really is? I do know that Michael Kors has some of the best, bitchiest lines this season and that no reality show scriptwriter is good enough to come up with those and coach him on their delivery. they are haute zingers, if you will.

Anonymous said...

For some reason, this video is not playing for me.  It's killing me to know what this clip shows.  Can somebody fill me in before I have a coronary?!?!

Anonymous said...

OMG...My name is Alexandra  I just happened n your blog....

Remember Melissa the Model form season 1...she's my best friend's neice....so since season 1, my whole family comes over for dinner on Wed and we watch PR.

You have to send me this video..it's too much....lololo

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Nina Garcia.........drives me Crazy..............

But this bunch, this season.....Love Michael......waaaaaaaaay over Jeffery....

Haven't been wowed by any of the models......

we'll see....

send me this download.....

Great !

alexkaqne@aol.com