Tuesday 22 August 2006

Paris Hilton *Might* Make Me Cry

Some people have accused me of derided me for told me I don't deserve to live because I promoted Paris Hilton's new album last week and the free listening party on AOL.

My boss A friend sent me a note that said, "Tsk, Tsk... And you like this???" -- along with a link to the article where Paris confesses, "I, like, cry when I listen to it, it's so good."

One of my favorite Worth Repeating readers/commentators left this nicely-put reprimand:

OK -- I'm awake again.  You know I love you, gayesteditorever, but some of this sounds horribly like that awful 70's-era "More, More, More" by the Andrea True Connection.  "Ooooooh, how do you like your love . . ." And I LIKE 70's era disco. Comment from leweslips1

Someone not as nice told me I should stick to reviewing reality TV.

Whatever.

First of all,
I said I like her hit song, 'Stars Are Blind.' I haven't weighed in on the album yet.

Yes, perhaps most people seem to want to cry, like Paris, when they hear the album --  though probably not for the same reasons Paris cries (i.e., all the way to the bank.)

However, I reserve the right to like it. I haven't decided. Even good albums sometimes take a while to sink into my ears, and I'm still listening to it. You know, giving it a chance?

Meanwhile, Dan Aquilante at the New York Post on Sunday positively gushed:
"Sorry, but we like it."

So bite me. So there.

 Comments | Worth Repeating: Home | Gay Galleries, Video, Pen Pals, More


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

rant

Anonymous said...

i like her

Anonymous said...

Paris well it be that soon  You will be My Wife  Miss Zilian  sounds good right   You know it baby   write to Zilian2@Aol.com

Anonymous said...

too long and hate it contact by EeyorTigger5@zol.com  

Anonymous said...

Dearest Gayest,

Instead of jumping on the oh-so-tired Paris bandwagon, how's about promoting a truly GAY recording artist (or two). For example, I saw this one by Jason & deMarco on Logo last week.   http://www.logoonline.com/shows/dyn/the_click_list/videos.jhtml#   (Click on the one called "This is Love" by Jason & Demarco)   OK--the video's a titch sappy, but ya gotta admit, it's sweet, too.

Kisses from Lewes.