Thursday 3 August 2006

To My Darling 'Project Runway,' With Love...Mommie Dearest

'Project Runway' EZ-Camp Translator



What's fun about 'Project Runway' is that a) it's the gayest show ever, and b) it's super easy to replace its dialogue with quotes from the movie 'Mommie Dearest' without changing the meaning of anything that happened on the show whatsoever.



Kayne: "I saw some pattern-making books in Keith's room."
Mommie Dearest Translation: "TINA. Bring me the axe."


Robert: "How could you think that having a pattern book was acceptable in your room?"
Mommie Dearest Translation: "You think your life's a mystery? There isn't a dirty cover up in this entire business that I don't know about, and YOUR hand is in EVERY ONE of them... you REEK OF IT!"


Tim Gunn: "We have very clear and concise rules. One of the absolute no-no's is no fashion how-to books. None of any kind."
Mommie Dearest Translation: "Don't F**K with me, fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo."


Tim: "Keith left the production and used the Internet, also both not allowed."
Mommie Dearest Translation: "Is this an institution of learning or a teenage brothel?"


Tim: "These books make me SICK."
Mommie Dearest Translation: "How could this happen, how could you humiliate me this way? I am ashamed to be your mother!"


Laura: "Keith ... What an a**hole. I'm glad to see him gone."
Mommie Dearest Translation: "You were very, very bad to wake Mommie up like that. VERY naughty. I told you, Mommie has to be beautiful today ... Today is so important. You are thoughtless andselfish. You must learn to think about other people."


Keith: "I never used those books to give myself an unfair advantage."
Mommie Dearest Translation: DAMN YOU! Are you CRAZY? No person talks to me like that, NO ONE ANYWHERE! Are you crazy? ARE YOU? Tell me! TELL ME! ... Why must EVERYTHING be a CONTEST? ... Then I'm not gonna play with you anymore. EVER."

 

Comments | Worth Repeating: Home | Gay Galleries, Video, Pen Pals, More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i seriously almost had a heart attack at the end of the show last night, because i thought there was a chance robert would get kicked off. we don't want that. barbie boi is my favorite! :)

Anonymous said...

PS: Is it me, or does Kayne bear a striking resemblance above to Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford. I'm just saying ...

Kenneth, Editor

Anonymous said...

Ha !  Pretty Funny.

NJLB
http://journals.aol.com/njlittlebear/MyBigFatGeekLife

Anonymous said...

Oh come on now, PR hasn't been gay since Austin was sent packing and into the arms of Amsale.  Pity.

Anonymous said...

One correction:
Tim: "Keith left the production, and used the internet, also both not allowed."
Mommie Dearest Translation: "No metal hangers, EVER!"

Anonymous said...

    Your daring parralellism brings me to tears ( of laughter)(I think it was laughter) or maybe it was just the memories of  Joan Crawford.  She was so inspiring. Ever since seeing that movie as a child I have called my own mother Mommy Dearest, much to her dissatisfaction. But actually you touch on a deep philosophical point, perhaps as gay men, all of us, and I mean ALL OF US, even the most unlikely, draw part of our inspiration, a bit of our being, from those glorious women - those towering icons of homosexual fixation - that have shaped not only American cinematic history, but every gay man's self image. Or maybe I'm just being really sarcastic because it's late at night and I have nothing better to do. Still, I really liked what you wrote. Good job.

Anonymous said...

Does Tim Gunn have to be the quintessential lisping effeminate "faggot"?  C'mon, carry on, but don't carry on!  And to make it worse he's a Valley Girl on top of it all... I love the show, I am gay so not homophobic, just can't take it!